Check out my review of Flock by Kate Stewart, book one in the Ravenhood series which will suck you in and have you grabbing book two as soon as you hit the end.
*Disclosure: I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program so if you click an affiliate link and make a purchase, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Series: The Ravenhood Series
Category: Contemporary Romance
Tags: Suspense, Poly Romance
Release: July 2020
Cecelia grew up sick. She believed in romantic love and looked for a worthy man to give her heart to.
But it was the year she had to spend in Triple Falls to earn her inheritance from her absent father that she truly learned the price of her sickness.
Wow- I knew going into this book that it might be a bit different than what I was expecting and yet it totally lived up to what I DO expect from a Kate Stewart romance- a spine-bending story that grips and just takes you along for the ride.
Right from the start, this romance book had such a captivating prologue that hooks you right in. What is Cecelia’s sickness? What exactly happened to her??!
Though the prologue is set in the present, the rest of the book starts in the past when Cecilia moves to Triple Falls for a year to satisfy an agreement with her estranged father.
She has to work one year at his factory in order to earn her inheritance which will set her (and her single mother who’s supported her her whole life) up for life.
The only saving grace to the monotonous life on the factory assembly line day after day is when she meets Sean.
I really can’t go into more of the story without giving spoilers but I will say this about the book:
- This book made me think! Cecelia’s eyes were opened to a new way of thinking during her time in Triple Falls. I absolutely loved the “teachings” she was indoctrinated with during her time there and how it opened her eyes to a different way of living. She was living the Matrix movie!
- Kate Stewart is an artist. She is an artist with her words, her characters and her storylines. I was blown away by the direction of this book and view this as yet another example of her talent and skill as a writer unlike any other.
- This book is engrossing. Cecelia senses that there is something she’s missing and she is going to suffer because of it and you get the same sense while reading it. It’s not a mystery romance but there is definitely an air of suspense running through it that made me unable to put it down.
- You should know going into this book that it was originally part of a duet but the Ravenhood series expanded into a trilogy so you’ll be left on a bit of a cliffhanger and want to read the second book, Exodus, pronto.
This book totally solidified Kate Stewart as one of my favorite authors.
If you like books that make you think and expand your mind while also putting your heart through the wringer – you’ll want to check this one out!
Do you have a favorite Kate Stewart romance book? Let me know in the comments!
Book Lists With this Book:
- Best Romance Novels of 2020
- Romance Book Series that Should be Made into Romance TV Shows
- The Ravenhood Series: The Ultimate Guide
- Exodus by Kate Stewart
- The Finish Line by Kate Stewart
- The Guy on the Right by Kate Stewart
- The Guy in the Middle by Kate Stewart
- Drive by Kate Stewart
- Reverse by Kate Stewart
- The Plight Before Christmas by Kate Stewart
- Major Love by Kate Stewart
Don’t Miss a Review
Make sure you don’t miss a single book list or review by joining my email list, and I’ll also give you my list of Top 10 Romance Book Boyfriends!
Save on Books!
Interested in these books and more? Join Kindle Unlimited where you have access to unlimited reading and a HUGE catalogue of romance books to choose from! Just fill up your library and happy reading. Sign up for a free trial of Kindle Unlimited today!
Are audiobooks more your speed? Start a free trial to Audible, your home to unlimited romance audiobook listening.